Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Birthday Extravaganza

MY BABY IS ONE!!!  I have been gone for little over a week because I was planning what felt like a tiny wedding, aka Carters' 1st Birthday Party...which I might add was a HUGE success!  It went wonderful! We had about 35 of our closest family and friends come out to celebrate with us.  What a beautiful day it was.  Carter showed up to the party happy as can be and stayed happy, which I was really nervous about because you never know.  It helps that I have a child that is overly happy most of the time.  I am so thankful to be blessed with such an amazing little boy.  The joy he has brought Matt and I this past year has our hearts over flowing with happiness.  I could never imagine my life without my two boys.  Till this day I still can't believe he's mine.  I get to see his glowing smile everyday.  I get to hear his laugh everyday, and I get to cuddle with him every night.  The Lord has blessed me with the most wonderful child! 
His birthday was on a Thursday and we had is party on Saturday.  Thursday was filled with lots of fun things to do.  (Those pictures are soon to come).  We woke up and Matt fixed Carter some blueberry pancakes (blueberries are Carters' favorite) and then we took him to get his first hair cut because he had a MAJOR rats tail and his hair was in his poor little eyes.  Carter then took a wonderful 3hr. nap and when he woke up we took him to the zoo! Which he LOVED the underwater part with all the fish, snakes, and frogs.  He Is Alllll Boy!  Later that night we met up with both familes and had a wonderful dinner and Carter was acting sooo silly at dinner and had all of us laughing so hard!   
Saturday quickly approached where his birthday party consisted of smiles smiles and more smiles.  I hope he looks back at all the pictures when hes older and sees all happiness that went on that day (and the hard work).  The theme for his party was "Cute As A Button" so everything was button themed.  I have a few pictures to describe the day...

The tables turned out much better than what I could have imagined.  This table was lined with different styles of blue ribbon decorated with his name spelled out with buttons.We also had wooden spools with buttons that served as picture holders. :) Super Fun!

These are so super easy and fun! All you need is a flower pot, styrofoam ball, and the type of suckers you wanna use...yep, it's that easy! And kids LOVED them!
These turned out soooo cute!  All you need is wire, buttons, and a little extra time. Put the wire through one side of the button and then out the other.  I just placed them in a vase of dum-dum pops and it was the center piece for the food table
Frog Cookies! Oreos, Pretzels, Icing, and M&Ms, use the icing as glue and WALLA!

Button Cookies! Couldn't have been easier...We chose sugar cookie cookie dough, bake them and use a straw to make the button holes. I had made some really cute button suckers but I missed a picture of those...o well!
We had some fun things for the kids to do and one was a bounce house, and Carter LOVED it!
OOOO the Cake! Boy did he love that...I think that was his favorite part of the party! Some nice info I would like to share if that's okay...his diaper, when he woke up the next morning (at 10:30, that was so nice) was as BLUE as his cake!!! It gave me a good laugh.
This is his little plate Matt & I got him for his 1st birthday.  He can eat his cake off of it every year. :) I thought it would be a cute little keepsake...
 I won't lie, present time was a little akward but we made it through it.  Carter had a little interest at first but lost it real quick haha! He loved playing with the tissue paper and ribbon. We are beyond thankful for all the wonderful things Carter got. 
 Of course we had to attempt one year old pictures the weekend before his party here are a few pictures from that...Enjoy!
I wanna give a HUGE HUGE HUGE thanks to my FABULOUS seester-in-law Kt-boo for taking all of these wonderful pictures! She really came to my rescue on the day of the party and helped me out with all the photography! Thanks Yo Homeeeee :) Loves you!

No comments:

Post a Comment